Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Date Change for Samoa?

Not only is the side of the road we drive on changed, a change in date and shifting of the international date line is also now in consideration! There is some debate going on about this with regards to tourism and other benefits however personally I think this will be a good thing. Samoa does much of it’s dealing with New Zealand, Australia and for us at USP, Fiji, all of which are a day ahead meaning we are operating when it’s their weekend and vice versa. To me it will be a whole lot simpler and far better to be on the same day as family, friends and colleagues. I still can’t promise to get birthday wishes out on time however and oh dear I won’t have that excuse any more after December when the date change is meant to come into being! So will this mean I lose a day of my life????

No comments: