Monday, June 20, 2011

Bird Brains

We have been having a few problems recently with birds of the feathered variety. Not only do they dare to come into our section they also dare to nest in our roof. Yes baby pigeons are chirping away up there as we speak!!

These birds however underestimate the laziness of our Samoan dogs who can spring to life in an instant. One day a mother chicken with her chicks in tow dared to come in the gate. Before we knew it there was much squawking from outside and a flapping of feathers. This resulted in us flying out of the house and me running around the backyard yelling at the dogs like a fish wife. Not sure the neighbours have even seen a palagi fish wife before as they looked quite startled to see this!! Don’t worry I gave them my best Cheshire cat grin J Adam had to grab a dog and then rescue said chicken and toss it over the fence while the chicks managed to escape through the wire fence. Phew, job done for one day.

Sad to say though that one of the parent pigeons was not so lucky. It in fact got caught by “Lucky” and met a dead end. RIP pigeon. I think I’ll stop encouraging the dogs to “get em” pesky birds as I’m not so sure I like the consequences or dealing with the aftermath!

No comments: