Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Samoan Santa?

Where is Santa and the Christmas spirit in Samoa?

Things have been mighty quiet around here. There is no maddness, no diary full of Christmas party bookings/clashes, no decorations and hardly any ads on the TV from the shops.

Has Samoa gone to sleep or is Christmas coming in Samoan time?

Luckily Adam has agreed to me putting up my tree now as it is a month until Christmas and only 3 weeks til we fly home. I am having to create my own Christmas spirit. Luckily for all of you I have done some Christmas shopping so you will get presents!! I am also planning a Christmas dinner with a couple of friends who will be in Australia at Christmas time so will do something before we all head in separate directions.

Oh and we are off to Manono Island again this weekend with the netball club for our end of season "do". We are all staying the night in the fales. I wonder how much sleep will be got on Saturday night......................

1 comment:

Austin and Shaun said...

If you want Christmas spirit come to San Francisco. The decorations were up in the shops 3 weeks ago and I've heard Christmas Carols for the last month.

The huge Christmas trees are up around town and there are even 2 ice skating rinks that they built in the civic center (like Aotea Square) although they may regret this as the temperature last week has been up around 25-28 degrees again. I know that's not much for you - but if you're trying to keep an outdoors ice skating rink from turning into an outdoor swimming pool I'm sure it doesn't help. The worst part is that it's been too warm for snow or snow making at Tahoe.

Thanksgiving here today which is a huge celebration - just about to head to friends place for heaps of food & wine - not a bad way to spend a Thursday.

Take Care and keep up with the posts - I've missed them over the last 3 weeks

Austin & Shaun