Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Musings

I've put some more pictures up on Flickr and you will see these show you how to deal with a dead palm tree - Samoan style (I thought the next door neighbours house was burning down!!)

I also have a picture of a fruit bowl full of Samoan fruit. There is a spikey thing - Adam says he knows this as custard apple and he kids me it tastes like icecream!! Bit of a weird sensation eating that but I did taste a bit. Lemons are interesting here. They are green! I thought they weren't ripe yet but the only yellow ones were on the ground rotting. I was swiftly advised that green is the colour of lemons here so green it is. They still taste just as good in the Jack Daniels with Coke and ice! There are plenty of papaya and mangos. We are watching the mango trees bear fruit that is starting to ripen. There is going to be huge amount of mango in the market soon. Adam says we might get sick of it - not sure about this. My hate of bananas is starting to change. I'm enjoying the small and sweet bananas we seem to get here so they are becoming part of my daily intake of fruit.

Apologies for the order of the photos on Flickr by the way. I don't have a lot of control here. Only way seems to be to email photos up there 1 by 1 so I suppose it depends on which order Flickr receives them. Oh well some are better than none right?

No comments: