Friday, October 7, 2011

What We Miss Here in Samoa

After being here for more than 3 years we think we have adjusted pretty well to the things you can and can't get here, but there are still a couple of things that we do miss -

The biggest one is THE DISHWASHER!! Everyday I have to put on my rubber gloves and tackle the dishes, not my favourite chore, and one that Angela will not tackle unless it is a real dire emergency!

That brings us to one of the other things we still can't get here - dishwashing gloves! I can not find the good old, basic rubber gloves for doing the dishes. Whenever we go to NZ that is one of the first things I pick up at the supermarket - while Ang is stocking up on chocolate, shampoo and hairspray!

Things got a bit desperate recently. My last current pair of rubber gloves sprang a leak and there were no more in the cupboard - apart from this flash pair Mum gave Angela for Xmas! Fortunately we are heading to NZ next week and I will be able to get some 'real' gloves.

1 comment:

Erilyn said...

Lucky Angela - having a hottie to do the dishes! :-)