Monday, October 17, 2011

NZSS Netball

Talofa. Well as Adam mentioned we have just returned from Napier where I was invited to umpire at the NZ Secondary Schools netball tournament. This tournament features the top secondary school teams from each of the regions in the Upper North Island, Lower North Island and South Island. Needless to say the standard of the competition was fierce and fast!

I expected to have to hit the ground running (ha ha) however the speed and skill level of the game was still a bit of a shock to my Samoan system! The week was thoroughly enjoyable, exhausting and enlightening though. I have a long way to go still and need to find a way to gain more experience at this level if I wish to progress further.

Meanwhile check out below my fantastic umpiring uniform and some of the group of umpires I met there. There is even one of me in action!!























No comments: