Friday, September 4, 2009

Puppies and Taro

Last weekend I discovered Lucky up in my garden sitting in a big hole she had dug with a Taro in her mouth. She got short shift from there I can tell you especially as my lettuces ended up all over the place due to her frantic digging!!!!

Adam thought it was funny but the puppies got a hold of the Taro and started to eat it. Problem is Taro is quite sticky when it comes out of the umu. There was some very peculiar puppy head movements as the Taro got stuck to the roof of their mouths and they couldnt get it off. Managed to convince Adam to stick his fingers in their mouths to give a bit of assistance - only for them to pounce on the Taro again as soon as their mouths were clear and have a repeat performance!

Two more puppies are going tonight :-( They are 13 weeks old now and are my little friends. I will miss them as it has been great having them around and watching them grow. It is getting a bit expensive with the food though and we sure don't want 5 large dogs hanging around so off they go. Will have 1 left after this so 1 more good home to find.

One of the amazing things though is that Lucky now sits when I say SIT. I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence!

No comments: