Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mowing the lawn …. Samoan style!

Whether it be your small back yard or the rugby field at the University, the lawn will be mowed completely with …. Weedeaters! Yes you heard me right. Gangs of boys line up, as if searching a crime scene, and methodically work their way across the lawn mowing it down. As you can imagine this can take some time especially when they are mowing a large space. The boys cover their heads and mouths with scarves and cloths to stop the bits of grass getting into their orifices. All you can see is their eyes. They therefore they look like Muslim women, only they are not! This morning I’m at home as I’m working til 9.00pm tonight and you guessed it, a truck load of weedeating boys has just driven down our road. There goes my peace. “I’m going to the pub …. and I may be some time” (quote care of Dad Pepelo - bro Town!)

No comments: