Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fale Fono

We are mourning the demolition of the Fale Fono. The place where Samoan Independence was signed 50 years ago and where the Samoan Flag was first flown. An interesting way to celebrate 50 years, pulling down the historic place where it all happened. There are mixed stories about its safety and ability to be renovated and even more stories as to whether is will be reconstructed and if so exactly where. Here are some photos taken the evening before demolition day (yes we had been running and yes it was grey and raining!)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Adam and Angela,

I am a student from the University of Auckland's school of architecture. I am currently writing an essay on "Pacific architecture and its adaptability". Then I found your fabulous images through google, which demonstrates a perfect example of the fale's adaptability to modern material.( better than all the images I can find in any published books! )

I would like to ask for your permission to use the two images in my essay. I would fully accredit your work:)

Appreciate for your time and patience,

Best Regards,

Norman Wei