Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Teuila Festival

Last week was Teuila Festival over here. During the week they have a number of cultural performances, the fautasi boat race and other events. This year one of the events was a fashion show that was put on by the big fashion label here - Mena. Angela went along to the show (I stayed home and wacthed the rugby on TV!) and here are some of her photos.

The first picture is Miss Samoa 2009/10. The models in the next few pictures play in Angela's netball team.





The other highlight of Teuila Festival is the Miss Samoa Pageant. I didn't get to stay home watching rugby this time - I did promise Angela that I would go along with her. They have a habit of making these things go on forever, but this year there were only 6 contestants so I was hopeful that it would all be over quickly. Actually, they put on a good show this year and I don't think I complained too much! It still took 4 hours though, but I did get home in time to see the All Blacks beat the Wallabies. For the record, the winner was Jolivette Ete with Miss Samoa New Zealand the runner up. Jolivette was also a model at the fashion show Angela attended earlier in the week (that's her in the picture above).


No comments: