Friday, August 7, 2009

Magic Circus of Samoa

It was with great anticipation we waited under the big top for the show to begin. Not often you get to go to this type of entertainment in Samoa. Like when other things are available I think everyone turns up with their kids which is great for supporting Samoan talent.

Anyway I resisted getting a blow up toy (!!!) A nemo, rabbit, snake, spiderman or batman (jeeze you people!) There was no icecreams just popcorn and candy floss so avoided that too. We took our seats on the wooden benches and waited for the show to start.

It was pretty good actually. Quite funny. Had a good laugh. My favourite act was the dwarf conducting the bell orchestra. So hilarious. We also saw acrobats, trapeze, clowns, motorbikes riding in the globe of death, balancing, Samoan Siva, unicycles and contortionists. I have to say though that I also saw the most disgusting act ever. The vomiting woman aka Human Fountain. An Indian woman dressed beautifully in her sari who proceeded to swallow jugs of water at a time then regurgitate it as the human fountain. It made me want to gag! She also swallowed 4 goldfish whole and spat them back out into a jug - they were still swimming and mixed up a green cocktail and I won't even go into detail there.

So there you go a great night's entertainment in Apia. Harry Potter at the movies this weekend!

No comments: