Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Photos




Well, Angela was right - Lucky was due to have puppies.  The other night she didn't come around for dinner, which has never happened before. Then the next night she appeared and got us to follow her down the road to the empty house where the Americans had been staying. She then squeezed under they gate and disappeared under an old shipping container that has been left in the front yard.  The gate is locked and we don't have a key.  The fence and gate is topped with barbed wire, so climbing over didn't look like a good idea.  In the end I decided it was the only way I was going to get in there and manged to get over the barbed wire without doing any damage.

As soon as I got near the container I could hear squeaking coming from underneath.  When I looked under there was Lucky and her litter.  It was hard too see under there, but it looks like 6 or 7 puppies.  Angela has already started thinking up names for them, but I don't think we will be keeping them. Anybody want a puppy?! 

Lucky seems to be fine, she came out and had some food and water. We can't really get at the puppies yet, but I guess they will come out when they can.  

 

No comments: