Friday, October 3, 2008

Work shmirk!

Hey there

That work thing - yes it's still going on in the background around netball, holidays at the beach and partying!!

Just thought I would give you a quick (and I mean quick) update. Things plodding on well. I'm on the battle now for improved IT services in the library and money to renew subscriptions for very vital databases but what's new - life goes on in Samoa!

Thought you would be interested to see the photos of the packaging my latest book order arrived in from India!! I'm imagining a little old lady sitting in a dingy, dusty room in the heat stitching the calico around the books. So quaint. I have kept that packaging as I haven't ever seen anything quite like it before!

You will also see a photo of the new mouse mats. I know I know this may not seem like a major accomplishment to you but believe me it is to us! Those mouse mats have made such a difference to the mousing pleasure at USP Library. It is such a relief now to move the mouse and actually have it go where it is meant to. In addition to this Latika and Hedley also brought over our book display stands, some business cards I had printed for free (through VistaPrint), perspex brochure display stands and our DVD player. All of these things have made such a difference. Only problem with the DVD player is that now I need a remote for the ancient TV so that I can select the AV channel and actually play the DVDs. Arrrrrrgggggghhhh there is always something!! Maybe it doesn't even have an AV channel????? Anyone coming to Samoa soon who can bring me a TV????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Adam, he has been very busy on a bridge project getting all the documentation together. That is going to quieten down now and construction probably won't start until the new year after the wet season. He is also going to start working for another company to fill in the spare 20 hours (yeah right) he has each week so no rest for him. He never did get to be the pool boy ;-)

1 comment:

Erilyn said...

Angela use the book bag in a recycling way - a quilt of course, now that you've started. Email me at mcmillansatxtradotcodotnz