Friday, October 3, 2008

The Hen's Night and the Wedding

I was very surprised but pleased to be invited to Moira's Hens night last Wednesday which was a Bollywood evening! Moira is in my netball team and Adam plays with Tate the groom. Anyway I received my invitation and then had to get to work on the requirements for the evening. Everyone had to come dressed in their best saree or indian bollywood outfit and also bring a plate of indian food to share. Finding the outfit turned out to be not too much of a hassle as I popped next door to see my Fijian Indian neighbour and luckily she brought an outfit with her when she moved to Samoa. She is a skinny little rake though so I wasn't sure I would fit into it but managed to squeeze in there for the night!!

The Hen's do was lovely. Everyone looked fabulous in their colourful and glittery Indian outfits.

The food was also yummy. After a mild panic about what I might be able to make/cook that was Indian (and you all know about my culinary skills - enough said!) we happened upon some vegetable curry pastry things at the bakery in the morning so I took the easy route and bought a few of them! Thanks though Latika for the recipe for Indian Hash Browns. They sound great and I think even I can manage them so will give them a go for Adam and I.

Last Saturday was the actual Wedding day. It's the dry season but wouldn't you know it, it pissed down with rain most of the day. Nothing to spoil the service though. There was a break in the weather just in time. We arrived at the Sails restaurant which in in Mulinuu and right on the sea front for the service and reception. The place had been decorated by Moira's family and was fantastic. I loved the colour scheme, a jade blue green. Lots of sea shells and paua shells, ribbons, candles etc. The cake was also lovely.

Moira and Tate said their vowls in a simple ceremony then were ambushed for photos before heading off for some official ones. There were a few netball friends at the wedding so it was a good night had by all and the bar service just kept running. There are a few picturs of the wedding and the hen's do on Flickr for you to see. My favourite photo is the one of Elizabeth (Moira's daughter) and I. She is a sweetie especially on the netball sideline as she has learned to run up and down shouting "go Adam go"!

No comments: