Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gardening

After Christmas I managed to import back into Samoa (having been waved through the security check at the airport) 6 packets of seeds which I have been growing. We now have tomatoes, broccoli, thyme, basil, lettuce and celery. Adam has dutifully built me a raised garden and while I'm at work today he is dutifully shovelling sh*t (whoops I mean dirt!) through a sievve (to weed out the rocks, rubbish and bits of plastic pipe) into the garden. Very exciting. We had to have a load of dirt delivered as around the property it is very rocky and hard. Apparently the truck pulled up, they brough the biggest truck they could find for our little 1m3 of dirt so had to do a 3 point turn to get in the gate. The clowns then had fun backing around the house and dumped the dirt as close as possible without bowling over the clothes line! These guys are about to help out on one of Adam's bridge projects so now he is seriously wondering how the project is going to go!! Photos on flickr soon of our progress - once my email is back up and running. We had a power cut and it's still down.

No comments: