Sunday, September 7, 2008

Frangipani Update

Hello All

Well Adam and I are both feeling a lot better now although Adam is still suffering from the Dengue side effects a bit. He gets pretty tired but is definitely on the mend which is great. I played netball yesterday and WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I know. That was like a minor miracle really especially as we had only 6 players on the court! Means we get up off the bottom of the table though and with a bit more luck we will beat one of the other teams too before the end of the season (in 2 weeks time) so will end up about 4th overall.

Anyway I wanted to give you an update on my frangipani. I have uploaded a couple of photos for you. My bare sticks that are stuck in yogurt pots and are sitting on the kitchen bench have begun to sprout much to Adam's amazement!!! He did not believe that bits of stick would grow. Anway I have been talking nicely to the sticks and now we have results!! When they get a bit bigger I will transplant them to pots outside on our verandah. I have managed to score a maroon colour, pink with orange centre, another pink from the tree at work and the traditional white with yellow centre. Can't wait for them to start flowering. I'm eyeing up a yellow one but so far haven't plucked up the courage to go raiding bits of stick from in someones front yard - will have to wait til the dead of night!!

Oh yes and just to finish off with I've put up a picture of a bloody big spider that went running into the bathroom from our bedroom (hate to think what happens when I'm asleep) the other night and freaked me out!! (Photo for Virginia!!)

No comments: